Saturday, August 06, 2005

Review on triple three buffet at Meritus Mandarin

After reading all the reviews on the internet, I realised that Triple Three buffet at Meritus Mandarin is the best place for the makan outing... unfortunately, my friend Amy who was mourning for her chinchila could not come for the outing. The spread is fine... But I think that the renovation is rather old.... so there's not many people there.... very much unliked 'the line' buffet at Shangari-la which adopted the open space concept. 'The line' buffet has a very cheery feel. Actually the variety for both buffet is quite similiar but due to the open concept of 'the line', u might think that they offer more variety.

A good subsitution will have to be the international buffet at Plaza hotel which only costed ~$30.

Cost for lurch: ~$44.80

15% Discount for OUB credit card holders.

My fav items: The chocolate pralines, Honey grazed ham, fresh oysters (nothing special but they are probably the freshest I have eaten), carrot cake (the Ang Moh type not the Chinese one), ice cream

Lousy food: Soft shelled crab (taste worse than the one at NTU canteen), Sze Chuan chicken (the meat is slight tough and not spicy at all)

Food rating: 3.8

Cost rating: 1 (there are places which offer the same things but cost lesser)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having a heavy lurch at the Mandarin hotel, Adeline and I headed to the Heeren. I didn't find any beautiful clothes there and Adeline was thinking if I was being stingy. (Funny. can't she see I have so many clothes already?) But I have to admit that I had cut down on my buying already. But I think for a girl of my age, I'm already spending a lot. Amy and Adeline are slightly older than me so their speading must be different mar. I just spent a bomb on some IT thingy and upgrade for my insurance mar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lingeria sale at ex-Timberlux centre (Havelock Road)

5th Aug - 7th Aug

10am - 10pm

rating: disappointing

price: $12.90 for 2 bras, $29 for sexy/lacy pyjamas and $10 for 4 thongs

After shopping for a while in Orchard, I went to the ex-Timberlux centre at havelock centre for "Victoria's secret and Gap lingeria sale". The crowd was reasonable, but the items were very limited. Most of the items were either too BIG or too small. The very tiny bras were 99.999999% without padding and underwire! They are all sports bras. I think only babies can fit into them. Most of the items were Gap. Some of the average sized bras were from La Sezza and the design was so very ugly. I think I only saw some pyjamas from Victoria's secret. I'm a fan of Victoria, so it was rather disappointing. Most of the labels for the gap items were cut off, leaving only the size tag. the only good thing I can say about the sale is that the material for the thongs were quite a good. I bought 4 pairs of thongs and went off.

Btw, there were also some branded baby's item on the sides.

No comments: