Sunday, August 07, 2005

The whimsical world of Willy

Yesterday, I was supposed to watch Charlie and the chocolate factory with my friends. But we somehow missed it. So I made it a point to catch the show the first thing in the early afternoon.

It was a dream come true to see the plot unfolding on the big screen. I was never a big fan of the original title. But my sibilings simply loved it. I burst into tears when charlie finally found the ticket to the chocolate factory. The chocolate fountain was certain magnificent and it reminds me of the chocolate fountain at Shanga-ri la. The Oompa-Loompas were very cute. With their funny hats, some how they looked like the characters of some Durex ad on the magazines (sorry for being lewd). But the way they danced remind me of the black and white American dance films, very synchronised and symetrical.

I thought the glass elevator will look really elaborated with golden frame or something.

Overall, it was a fantasy come true.

Rating: 4 (I'm a kid )

Quote: "Charlie, the world is full of money. They print new money every day. There are only 5 golden tickets. Why would you want to trade a thing so rare for something as common as money?"

http://chocolatefactorymovie.warnerbros.com

No comments: