Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Skeleton Key

Just came back from a free preview of The Skeleton Key (courtesy of funkygrad.com). I went into the theater with very low expectations on the show. The reviews from the online movie critics were very negative. I was rather busy with my homeowrk. But anyway, play comes first :)

This is the first time I have watched a movie which shows the unglamourous side of the America. The story was about this young women of 25 years old who started working as a hospice nurse in this old creepy house. They house has got a creepy history of hoodoo (not voodoo, which is a religion).

Thoughout the movie, I knew that there's no ghost in the house. I knew that it's a human behind all these. It's only the second half of the movie that is really scary.

The story comes with a twist. I was so scared that I was in tears after watching the movie. It was my first hoodoo movie so I was scared stiff.

Down side of this movie:
Racist

In comparison with the silly Chinese ghost movies, this movie deserves 5 out of 5.

Rating: 4/5 - 1 for racism = 3/5

No comments: